Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Lightning Cable Stops Working After Updating To iOS9

Hello people of the Apple Community

I am furious about this problem that happened last weekend.

So, I updated my iPhone to iOS 9.0.2 a couple of days ago. Right after the update, I unplugged my iPhone from my laptop and plugged it into the wall. The charging went awfully slow and stopped at around 30%.

So, I unplug my iPhone, reboot and plug it in again. I get the popup that read something like "Accessory isn't certified so it may not work properly" or something like that. Thing is: my charger AND cable were both genuine Apple accessories...

So, I went and bought a third-party cable that is straight into the wall (so no chance to plug it into the PC via USB) AND THIS ONE WORKED.

REALLY?! A 30$ Genuine Apple cable doesn't and a 5$ China DOES?!

This gets me mad. I can't sync or charge my iPhone with the genuine, original iPhone cable.

Why Apple, why don't you support "third-party cables" (which actually work better)...

(sorry for my English, it isn't my native language)

Is there any way to make the original cable work again?

Kind regards

Lennert

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 12:54 PM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2015 2:22 PM in response to LNRTLRS

First, you're not addressing Apple here. Doing so is pointless. We're users here.

Second, had you bothered to search the forum before posting, you'd have learned that the "accessory not supported" error message is often due to lint or dust accumulating in the charging port of the phone. Clean it out with compressed air.

Third, the cables carry the same warranty as the phone, so if under warranty and the problem is determined to be due to a manufacturing defect and not user abuse, your cable will be replaced without charge.

Apple Lightning Cable Stops Working After Updating To iOS9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.