Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Home Button

Is anyone experiencing loud clicking sound when pressing the home button of the iphone 6s. When if you click it on the sides, it's completely silent. I'm guesing it's because of the touch ID sensor. Saw some complaints to the 6 and some on the 5s as well. If you do experience it, what did you do? Did you just ignored it or went to the apple genius bar?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:40 PM

Why don't you make an appointment with Apple genius and find out?

You have warranty.

7 replies

Jul 11, 2016 7:14 PM in response to ChengD600

Hi, ChengD600!

I'm Chris, I am not an Apple Employee but I am a apple pro for my local repair shop!

What is wrong is all the oil and grease from your finger is in the glue from the home button and about to degrade it so you will want 91-99% rubbing achool (NEVER, EVER. NAIL POLISH REMOVER), and rub it around the ring of the Touch ID and then press it in 10x and make sure your phone is OFF during this process, let it set for one minute and then it'll be okay.

iPhone 6s Home Button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.