Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using Time Machine with two backup drives. One of the drives will no longer recognize and TM is telling me backups are failing. But the backups directed to the second drive are registering OK. Am I still fully backed up with only the second

I am using Time Machine with two backup drives. One of the drives will no longer recognize (not showing in Finder) and TM is telling me backups are failing. But the hourly backups directed to the second drive are registering OK. Am I still fully backed up with only the second drive? I have removed the first drive from backups so all subsequent backups will go to the good drive. Am I OK or exposed here?

Mac Mini Server (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2TB memory

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 5:30 PM

If you use Rotation, then each drive is independent. See Dual Time Machine Backup topic of::

http://pondini.org/TM/27.html

4 replies

I am using Time Machine with two backup drives. One of the drives will no longer recognize and TM is telling me backups are failing. But the backups directed to the second drive are registering OK. Am I still fully backed up with only the second

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.