Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tables in Pages 5

How do I keep tables on the first page of a document? When I use a table and it gets to the bottom, it moves to the next page.

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), help

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:47 PM

With your table selected, click on the Arrange tab in your right panel. By default Object Placement is set to move with text. Click its neighbor, Stay on Page, and then find the right Text Wrap setting that plays nice with your content.

6 replies

Oct 12, 2015 3:56 PM in response to VikingOSX

but when I do this, then the table does not stay on the first page, it moves to the second, which was my first question. Also, the tables break in the middle of the page and there is a lot of wastes space on the bottom of the page (maybe the text boxes are too long?). Ages doesn't seem to handle tables very well. I have much better luck with Word (which I regret to have to use).

thank you for your help and replies

thankUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Oct 12, 2015 4:54 PM in response to Dallmann

The only setting that I have found in Pages v5.5.3 that permits tables to break and flow onto subsequent pages is the Move with Text placement, combined with the Text Wrap setting of Inline with Text. Choose any other Text Wrap setting and the placement switches to Stay on Page and the table truncates, rather than breaks onto the next page.

If not Pages v5.5.3, then Word.

Tables in Pages 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.