Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse issues

I'm using the new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse with a Late 2013 MBP running El Capitan. In addition to just starting to use the keyboard and mouse, I have also recently started using the MBP with it plugged up to a Dell external monitor via HDMI. I started using the external display and the keyboard and mouse AFTER upgrading to El Capitan, so I'm not sure if it would have worked with Yosemite. The box the keyboard and mouse came in states it is compatible with Mac OS X. When everything is connected, the keyboard and mouse work great. However, if the MBP goes to sleep, it cannot be waken using the keyboard or mouse, I have to use the MBP keyboard (even if I keep the lid open or closed, it doesn't matter). Also, even after I log back in using the MBP keyboard, the MBP doesn't automatically pair with the bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have to manually go through the pairing process every time the MBP wakes from sleep.

Also, another strange anomaly I discovered today was that upon waking the MBP from sleep, any earbuds/headphones plugged into the audio jack will not play sound until I manually unplug the cable and plug it back in to the audio jack - then I can hear sound in the earbuds. All of this is so annoying; please help!!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:46 PM

2 replies

Oct 21, 2015 9:05 AM in response to mysticalncboy

...wish I could ! But I did not get as far as you with the designer keyboard/mouse. Mouse paired ok, using the bluetooth pairing window, but not the keyboard, which showed as connected for a few minutes even though it did not work. May be because when pairing a new window appeared asking me to enter a mac passcode on the (unconnected) device. If you have any advice to offer on how to get to your stage, appreciated.....or perhaps a real expert on pairing with non Apple bluetooth will take pity on us both.

Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.