Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't sign up for shirt pocket super duper backup service

iMac 27-inch late 2013

processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Grafics NVIDIA GeForce GT 755 M 1024 MB

seagate 1 and 1.5 TB portable external HD

OS X 10.9.5

logic pro 9.1.8

i can't sign up for shirt pocket super duper backup service because the submission process includes

submission of a verification word that i cannot see.

i went to contact us and that requires that i use one of 6 mail programs that i do not know how to, or wish to set up.

that back up service, along with time machine, is known as a premiere easy to use service for logic pro. perhaps someone else had this issue, or perhaps someone from the service keeps an eye out here or knows a way to contact them, such as their email address??

thanks so much!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), shirt pocket superduper backup

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 3:05 PM

9 replies

Oct 7, 2015 6:57 PM in response to Pancenter

response to Pancenter: sorry about that, it doesn't seem like the correct forum to me either, however, do you know what that would be? i figured because i having trouble setting up the back up system that i would like to use with logic pro and see no other way to proceed and because i respect the immense knowledge here with all things logic, and the very friendly helpful members of the logic community, i thought i'd give it shot. i can't really use iCloud drive for this and superduper was recommened over the next service, some sort of carbon or carbonite, specifically for Logic Pro by logic expert art of sound. i forgot which community he is in, perhaps logic pro 9? i searched for logic help and ended up here with the only idea of email "info@shirt-pocket.com" as a guess, besides just asking here. please direct me to the appropriate forum, thanks.

The Ventuian

Oct 7, 2015 7:00 PM in response to Ferd II

hi Ferd ll,

thank you very much for understanding that off site backup is important to some tinkerers that are just starting to use logic pro and that when someone asks a dumb or off topic question, they ℹ may not have the intent of cluttering up this community with irrelevant posts, and for knowing or finding the correct third party support address for my logic pro projects, and for taking the time to inform me.

here is the address i was attempting to register at:

http://www.shirt-pocket.com/blog/index.php/member/register/

it looks like it could be the correct site based upon the address

The Ventuian

Oct 7, 2015 8:38 PM in response to babowa

i think you understood correctly, it is i who got messed up some how. i was attempting to place the recovery instructions on my external HD before i downloaded the app. i am not sure if that was part of the problem, but somehow i ended up on a disabled account creation page that i was trying to set myself up in. i placed the user pdf in the external HD (as that may still be working if there is a problem with computer) and it would not open because it could not find the source. i am still trying to figure that out, hopefully i will not have to retype the recovery instructions in textedit. sorry for being so illiterate. i know this is really simple. i guess super duper might automatically place the instructions where ever it saves files, that would make sense.

and now i can ask Dave Nanian how to do that too and if someone here knows this, feel free! thanks

the Venturian

Oct 11, 2015 8:14 AM in response to venturain

It isn't very difficult to use - download the app and install it in the Applications folder. Attach an external hard drive formatted as Mac OS X Extended and GUID Partition scheme (to make it bootable). Launch SuperDuper and tell it to clone/copy your entire HD contents to the external hard drive. May take up to 45 minutes or more. When done, test that the external is actually bootable by choosing it in System Preferences > Startup Disk. If it boots up and works, boot back into your internal. You now have an exact bootable copy of your system - make sure you update the clone regularly.

i can't sign up for shirt pocket super duper backup service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.