Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone springboard displayed as empty in iTunes

Hi,

Whenever I connect my iPhone 6 Plus 64GB (iOS 9.0.2) to my MacBook Pro running El Capitan, and try accessing installed Apps in iTunes 12.3, the iPhone's springboard is displayed as an empty gray screen with a lighter gray rotating wheel. Apps simply don't show up on the screen. This doesn't happen whenever I connect my iPad Air 2 to the same MBP: the iPad's springboard displays as it should. I also tried connecting the iPhone to another MBP, and had exactly the same issue.

What I already did hitherto to no avail:

- pressed and held home and power button on the iPhone for more than 10 seconds;

- reset the location and privacy settings;

- reset the iPhone, erasing data and settings.

What else do you think I could try?

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:26 PM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2015 1:06 AM in response to antlibotte

Hi (again),

I've just found another issue on my iPhone 6 Plus and I think it could be linked with my Springboard's problem on iTunes:

I have the Twitter app on my iPhone. But each time I reboot, the app is still in the multitasking, even if I'd closed it before the reboot.

I tried to uninstall-reinstall the app with or without a simple reboot or even the "home+power" method, but when I reinstall the Twitter app, it still takes place on the multitasking. Even if I haven't launched at all before a reboot.

I think a previous uninstalling process of Twitter has failed and a daemon or a sort of that is still present on my iPhone.

Maybe it's the cause of the inability for iTunes to see the Springboard of my iPhone.

I would try this evening a complete restore of my 6 Plus.

Oct 8, 2015 1:54 PM in response to antlibotte

[EDIT 11pm CET]: I've completely restored my iPhone 6 Plus and the "Twitter" bug seems to be gone. Unfortunately, it didn't help on the iTunes issue: I still see a gray screen with a spinning wheel where the Springboard should appear.

I've also tested connecting an iPhone 4S running 9.0.2 to my MacBook Pro Retina 13" and the Springboard appears as it should.

iPhone springboard displayed as empty in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.