Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't reset iPad it's not accepting my apple id password

Clearly, my password is working here. But I plan to give my iPad to my son and want to erase all Content and Settings. I enter my security code then after pressing erase twice, it asks for my Apple ID Password my account.

I enter it and the little window just shakes. Does anyone know what is going on?

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 5:13 PM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2015 2:30 PM in response to mcculloch9900

Thank you for your reply. Evidently something was corrupted on the iPad, in conjunction with have the Find my iPad turned on. Heck when I tried to turn off the find option, I was again asked for the password, which of course did not work. I ended up going online and changing my account password, which kind of wandered down to the iPad, via Wi-Fi. I was able to use the new Password to turn off the Find, which then did indeed allow for a total reset without the Account Password.

Please note: The link that you included in your reply does say:::

Erase your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch

You might need to enter your passcode and Apple ID password before you erase all content and settings.

Can't reset iPad it's not accepting my apple id password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.