Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Force Touch suddenly stops working on late 2015 Retina Macbook Pro with OS X El Capitan 10.11

Hello,

On my late 2015 Retina Macbook Pro running OS X El Capitan 10.11, the force touch trackpad suddenly stops registering force clicks and I end up having to restart my entire system to get it working again. I have checked and made sure that force clicking was enabled in System Preferences > Trackpad and that under "Look up & data detectors" that "force click with one finger" is selected, yet it still is not registering clicks for look up or Quick look in any application, including Safari and Finder! I have enabled and disabled it multiple times, and still no luck. This has occurred multiple times and I am tired of having to restart my Macbook every time just to get the force click working again. Is there any workaround for this? Maybe using a Terminal command? The trackpad version number is6.22, just in case that will be of any help. Any and all help will be appreciated! Thank you!

-TechnoHype01

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 4:38 PM

1 reply

Force Touch suddenly stops working on late 2015 Retina Macbook Pro with OS X El Capitan 10.11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.