Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to associate my iMac with my apple ID

I have an iPhone, a macbook pro and now an iMac. I can play all my songs on the macbook (apparently that is where the library resides) I can play them on my iPhone. The iMac is a no go. All the albums have the little cloud next to them. So they are held hostage in apple's cloud?

What do I do to listen to my music on my iMac?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 4:02 PM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2015 6:40 AM in response to jmartinarch

You yourself stop holding it hostage and copy the library from the MacBook to the other computer. Or perhaps download them from the Cloud since that is how they ended up on your phone. While some people expect Apple to do everything for them others see it as unwelcome interference if Apple automatically puts things on their computers.

Oct 8, 2015 8:04 AM in response to Limnos

Since I could see them in iTunes and there is the option to download....I tried to download from the cloud and that is what is not working. I will manually copy them as you suggest. But I wonder, when I buy new music will it sync?

I didn't expect Apple to do everything for me. But the app, the help, the ads all say "with the cloud you can sync all devices and listen to your music anywhere" or something similar.

I would like to delete some music from my library. It appears that this is not easy or possible. I see the option to "hide". What?

how to associate my iMac with my apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.