Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode Recovery

iOS 9.0.2

I have an iPad and have forgotten my iCloud Passcode. I go through the passcode recovery process and it sends an email to my iCloud account ID.

When I open the email client with my iCloud ID it asks me for the passcode which I am trying to recover so I cannot view the email that has been sent to me. I cannot remember the answers to the three questions that is the alternative process for passcode recovery. I am not sure when the tech set up my iPad that a alternative email address for passcode recovery was input.

The question is given I cannot open the email client or answer the questions how do I get either the existing passcode or receive an email at the recovery email address if it exists.

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 5:39 PM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2015 12:07 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

Thanks for the help but we cannot create an email account on another computer because we do not know the iCloud Passcode. If I am not mistaken the passcode for iCloud is the same passcode required when setting up the email client. We are trying to reset this passcode but have no way of receiving the default email simply because we do not have the passcode which is asked for when launching the email client.

Is it an option to create an new iCloud Account and Restore the iPad without known the iCloud Passcode so that it will go through the process that applies to a new installation so that we can input the new iCloud Account details or is it going to default to the existing iCloud Account details for which we do not have the Passcode

Oct 8, 2015 5:39 PM in response to adnixon

I have tried many of the work arounds published at various websites without success. Have not been able to switch off find my iPhone so that the iPad can be restored. This iPad is running the latest version of the iOS 9.0.2. The iPad is not logged onto iCloud and as a consequence the reset passcode emails can not be accessed from the .....@icloud.com. In addition there appears to be no email rescue address set up and the I cannot remember the answer to the secrete questions. So how do I resolve this problem?

Passcode Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.