Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a newly reset IPAD 3rd Gen that will not sync with my MAC now. States that I need a newer version of ITunes on the Ipad. It is updated. Any ideas? My computer is MAC OS X with Itunes 11.4. My has version 9.0.2.

I have a newly reset IPAD 3rd Gen that will not sync with my MAC now. States that I need a newer version of ITunes on the Ipad. It is updated. Any ideas? My computer is MAC OS X software with Itunes 11.4. My has version 9.0.2.

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 3:47 AM

The latest version of iTunes is 12.3.0.44. If you can't update to that version then you will need at least 10.8 (Mountain Lion) installed. Ideally you should install the latest OS. It's possible you've not updated the OS since you purchased the iMac?

If this is the case then you may have to purchase 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) installer media which you'll need to install first. Once installed update it to 10.6.8 and from there you can use the App Store App to 'purchase' the latest Mac OS. However you may also need to upgrade the RAM as well as the hard drive in your iMac.

If the above is true for you it might be best if you took your iMac to your nearest Apple Store/Genius Bar for further advice?

If your iMac does have 10.6.8 installed (click on the Apple icon top left hand corner of your screen and select About This Mac and it will tell you what OS you have installed) then simply launch the App Store App and 'purchase' the latest OS. It's a free download and all you need is an AppleID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2015 3:47 AM in response to Baker102

The latest version of iTunes is 12.3.0.44. If you can't update to that version then you will need at least 10.8 (Mountain Lion) installed. Ideally you should install the latest OS. It's possible you've not updated the OS since you purchased the iMac?

If this is the case then you may have to purchase 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) installer media which you'll need to install first. Once installed update it to 10.6.8 and from there you can use the App Store App to 'purchase' the latest Mac OS. However you may also need to upgrade the RAM as well as the hard drive in your iMac.

If the above is true for you it might be best if you took your iMac to your nearest Apple Store/Genius Bar for further advice?

If your iMac does have 10.6.8 installed (click on the Apple icon top left hand corner of your screen and select About This Mac and it will tell you what OS you have installed) then simply launch the App Store App and 'purchase' the latest OS. It's a free download and all you need is an AppleID.

I have a newly reset IPAD 3rd Gen that will not sync with my MAC now. States that I need a newer version of ITunes on the Ipad. It is updated. Any ideas? My computer is MAC OS X with Itunes 11.4. My has version 9.0.2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.