Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not All Music Albums Show Under Album Tab On iPad

Hi Experts! Newbie here...

I recently put my iTunes music library onto my iPad.

Everything looked ok at a glance but looking deeper I have noticed a problem...

Many of my albums don't appear under the 'Albums' tab in the Music app on the iPad...

Maybe 30-40% of my albums are missing from this view?

I know these missing albums have synced to the iPad because when I use the search facility within the 'Albums' tab, they show up. They are just not displayed in the full listing under 'Albums"?

I don't think it has anything to do with the album artwork? When I search the missing albums they appear and play ok with the correct album art.

Looking on iTunes under the 'Albums' listing - they are all there.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

EnEs63

iPad 4th gen - IOS 9.01, iTunes V12.03, MacBook Pro - El Capitan V10.11

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 5:48 PM

3 replies

Mar 21, 2017 5:07 AM in response to EnEs63

Had the same issue, also traced it to the "compilations album" attribute. An alternative solution - in iTunes, go to the album, select all the songs Info by Cntrl/click->Get Info or Splat-I. Uncheck the box that says "Album is a compilation of songs by various artists". Make sure there the desired artist's name is the only one in the "Artist" entry. After a sync the album showed up under the Artist on my iOS devices.

Oct 8, 2015 7:43 PM in response to EnEs63

Ok, so I am guessing that I didn't get any replies 'cause no-one knew the answer?

Anyway - after a few days of time-consuming trial & error I finally found a solution, as follows...

All the missing albums turned out to be compilation albums.

By accessing the iPad setting screen > Music > Sort Albums and changing this to "By Title" allowed all my albums to appear under the "Album' view in the Music app.

Making the same changes in iTunes on the mac allowed the two views to match.

So, now all the albums show.

It would be easier to sort through albums listed by artist but this doesn't seem to be possible whilst there are compilation albums in your list???

If I find a further solution to this I will update this thread...

R's

EnEs63

Not All Music Albums Show Under Album Tab On iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.