Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app on Mac Mini (late 2014) disappeared

How can I get all my many notes entered in the app Notes on my Mac Mini? The screen had turned a dark red/purple overcast, so I restarted. Screen was fine after restart, but Notes app is now blank. I had dozens of important notes. How can I retreive them all? I use Time Machine and an external HD (iDrive). What's the name of the file I'm looking for? How can I find it? Any other advice?

Thanks,

Dan

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Actually, using El Capitan OS.

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:29 AM

What shows if you go to icloud.com. sign in and go to Notes?

http://martinfowler.com/articles/apple-notes-restore.html

5 replies

Oct 8, 2015 9:46 AM in response to Agudodan81

- Try starting in Safe Mode

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?

- Boot to Recovery and repair the startup disk

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

- If it is repairable reinstall the OSX, Nothing should be lost

How to reinstall OS X on your Mac - Apple Support

- If you do not have a backup use disk utility to restore the internal disk to an external disk so you can try to recover data.

Then format the startup disk and do a fresh install of OSX

Oct 8, 2015 9:50 AM in response to lllaass

Many thanks for the detailed guidance. Seems like it would take a few hours, so I'll have to wait to try it. Meanwhile, surprsingly, speed has improved somewhat, at least until I started Disk Utility, which is taking a lot of memory, apparently (Now I only have 1.5 GB of the 8GB in Mac Mini). I'll wait for the results on my Time Machine external HD. (Checking the Mac's internal drive took about 1 minute, but for the external it's now almost an hour and no where near 50% done, apparently. Hm? Was this a mistake?

Notes app on Mac Mini (late 2014) disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.