Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to hide the header on first page using Pages Beta

I wrote a book in Pages Beta, my first page is just the title page and I need to hide the header. I searched for how to do this and found:

Hide headers and footers on the first page

You can hide the header and footer on the first page of a section (every document has at least one section).

1. Click in the section you want to edit.
  2. In the Section pane of the Setup inspector, select the checkbox next to “Hide on first page of section.”

My problem is I do not know what the "Section Pane" or "Set Up inspector" are. But even in looking at these steps above on YouTube I do not see a "Set Up Inspector" in my version of Pages. Is that something I cannot do in Beta??

Thank you

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 8:12 PM

2 replies

Oct 12, 2016 3:04 PM in response to karpooch

Pages for iCloud (it isn't beta anymore) is a significant, web-based, subset of Pages for Mac, and due to this limitation, it has many missing features including what appears, or does not appear in section headings. If you want full control over your document, then use Pages for Mac.

The Help info that you shared is for Pages for Mac v5+, not Pages for iCloud.

The current version of Pages for Mac is v6, and it requires macOS Sierra. All prior versions of Pages for Mac are no longer available from Apple.

How to hide the header on first page using Pages Beta

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.