Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!!! Not able to see my itunes library from my daughters ipad after setting her up under my family share.

I have 1400 songs in my iTunes library that I would like my daughter to have access too- unfortunately after setting up myself as the family organizer and adding her and her approving in family share. she is still unable to see my library. I have made sure share purchases is turned on for both devices. I have signed in and out of icloud on both devices. I have synced her ipad to my computer that I have my iTunes library on. I have called apple and they also were unable to help me. So anyone that has an idea that I have not tried I would be super excited to try- thanks in advance.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2, my daughter is using an ipad mini

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:12 PM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 6:23 PM in response to tiffyt

Do you know whether any of the other parts of family sharing are working? Can she see your shared calendar, shared photo albums, etc? It would seem prudent to see that it is an iCloud issue versus an iTunes issue alone.

As for the iTunes issue itself, it would seem to me that the daughter needs to access the music from her own account. You say that you synced the music from *your* computer, but you do not say whether she is logged in as herself on that computer. I can see that sort of sync issue being a problem since Apple music came out - all sorts of new and interesting things are happening when syncing across devices, across accounts, etc.

How exactly is it that you called Apple and they were unable to help? What did they suggest?

Oct 8, 2015 1:18 PM in response to Bill (audio guy)

HI bill-

so unfortunately I am not sharing calendars, or photos to be able to check that- i plugged her iPad into my iTunes account and synced her ipad to my computer and still nothing- I also went on iTunes on her iPad signed her out signed me in and then if course I could see all my music- so basically it's only under her iTunes id that is not working-

she doesn't have an id on the computer -

and I can see her under family share on my phone and also on my iTunes from the family share drop down window her name is available -

SO any other ideas? Lol

HELP!!! Not able to see my itunes library from my daughters ipad after setting her up under my family share.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.