Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps say waiting after iTunes restore

I received a replacement phone from insurance due to a cracked screen. I took my old phone, backed it up to iTunes with success. I connected new phone to iTunes and restored it. When the restoration was complete I opened up my new phone and found a majority of my apps either dark (like they were installing) When I touch them they then say "waiting" and have remained waiting for the last 24 hours. I have reset all settings, powered it on and off several times, backed up my old phone and restored my new phone twice and my apps still say waiting Or are grayed out.

i also went to the AppStore and downloaded some of the apps that I am experiencing the issue with. Upon completing the download I can use the app. I put the phone to sleep, open it back up and the apps are gray again or say waiting after I just used them 😐 .

Another oddity is that if I delete an app, and then go to the AppStore to download it again, it says "open" no cloud, no purchase, just open. If I touch that nothing happens of course because I deleted the app.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Verizon. brand bew replacement from Asurion. Using iOS 9.0.2. Also using most recent update of iTunes On my updated iMac.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:47 PM

5 replies

Jul 9, 2017 4:26 PM in response to Jdobbs 1

Nearly 2 years have passed since this thread was started. How can Apple not have patched this problem? My son bought a new iPad today that he hoped to enjoy tonight and we are mired in this problem with all apps saying waiting after a restore. Disappointing. I assume we will have to spend hours on the phone with someone at Apple trying to solve this.

Apps say waiting after iTunes restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.