Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

News app crashes

IS anyone having issues with the News app?

ive tapped the news app open on five separate occasions only to have the app crash on me each time! Of course because this is a Apple app I can't just. Delete it and re Download the app. I'm on iOS 9.02 iPad mini

Does any suggestions?

its a good thing it was not a dire emergency that I read my news!

iPad Mini, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 8:25 PM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2015 1:37 PM in response to Kale1hawaii

There seem to be a lot of folks asking this question but search is not letting us find each other.

Here's what I posted:

My iPad is a MD3300II/A (64 G White 3rd Gen) running iOS 9.0.2.

When I launch NEWS it opens in "For You" mode and I see the content that was presented the very last time the app worked (not a white screen). While I can see content, the screen is frozen. When I try touching one of the buttons at the bottom (Favorites, Explore, etc.), the app disappears but remains active-- according to "Fast-Switcher.

I have cleared safari's cache. I have killed the app by swiping up in fast-switcher and I have done a reboot of my iPad. Nothing works. iOS will not allow me to delete/reinstall this app. Short of a wipe/reset/reinstall/restore from backup of the iPad, not exactly sure what to do.

This bug seems to be specific to the iPad, as the NEWS app continues to work, using the same settings (shared via iCloud) on my iPhone 5S (ME310LL/A).

Resetting settings for the News app (I turned everything off) did not help.

News app crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.