Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime on Mac not making calls with iPhone 5s

Hello,

I currently own a MacBook Pro (OS X Yosemite 10.10.5) and an iPhone 5s (iOS 9.0.2). At one point, I could send and receive text messages and phone calls on my Mac (from my iPhone) using FaceTime and Messages; but, this feature does not seem to be working. This could have happened when my iOS on my iPhone was updated to 9.0.2.

I would open up FaceTime and select a name of someone who has a cell phone, but not an iPhone and I do not see the phone symbol next to the name that would allow me to call this person from my Mac. In addition, I can only see some of the text messages I have on my phone in Messages (on my Mac). I cannot use messages on my Mac to send text messages to other non-iPhone cell phones. Finally, If I do a secondary click on a phone number (not iPhone) on my Mac in Messages, the computer tells me the phone is not registered.

Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong and how I can fix it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:33 PM

There are no replies.

FaceTime on Mac not making calls with iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.