Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan using apogee duet

has any body upgraded to OS X El Capitan using apogee duet

i know they its says its not supported but what happens

Logic Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), intel core i7 2.66 GHz 8MB Ram

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:40 PM

23 replies

Oct 8, 2015 3:36 AM in response to JimkaUssner

It actually is supported, and Apogee claims as such. My Quartet works just fine. My blog post has a link to Apogee's page about El Capitan, with updated drivers.

http://www.finalcutprox.guru/support/supportblog/files/5fe77de1d9fe539e9e10e6cfe d4bd680-5.html

That said, I'd stay far away from El Capitan right now, if you need to use Logic, as LPX is pretty unstable, and the overwhelming majority of 3rd party plugins don't work with it.

Dec 15, 2015 3:33 AM in response to juniorspecial

I'm having trouble with my Duet 2 USB and my nMP (2013).

With the latest drivers (which supposedly support El Capitan), the sound card occasionally disconnects and reconnects, interrupting audio (every few minutes in some cases, it seems to be on accessing the card to play audio).

Console indicates the following:

12/15/15 6:27:19.000 AM kernel[0]: Sandbox: systemsoundserve(469) deny(1) file-read-metadata /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Apogee/DuetUSB/DuetUSBPlugIn.bundle/Contents

12/15/15 6:27:19.000 AM kernel[0]: Sandbox: systemsoundserve(469) deny(1) file-read-metadata /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Apogee/DuetUSB/DuetUSBPlugIn.bundle

I contacted Apogee several times, and they haven't been able to provide any solution. I even went so far to format my machine and reinstall a fresh copy of El Capitan, and the problem has returned.

I'd avoid El Capitan altogether. It also has screwed up my 4K monitors. It's offered no benefit for me, just grief.

On my Macbook Pro, I still can't use my Rane MP-2015 DJ mixer's soundcard with El Capitan... it just doesn't work after a period of time, distorted audio.

Apple has given up on it's pro users.

Dec 16, 2015 2:27 PM in response to JimkaUssner

I had Duet Firewire, and was told they would not be supporting El Capitan. so I have changed to Audient iD14. As good if not better in sound, and easier to work with. And much cheaper. The only problem has been that LPX says the device has been 'removed' after sleep, when it hasn't. So until they fix that bug, I avoid 'sleep' and now Shutdown after each session.

Dec 17, 2015 10:27 AM in response to Pancenter

I am running El Capitan. I have an Apogee Duet Firewire. The two still work, including the Maestro 2 software interface. Here's what I did to get it to work:

Download the 2014 Software Installer: http://www.apogeedigital.com/support/duet-firewire

Use the UNinstaller first. Restart your computer.

Then install the software. Restart your computer.

After doing so, the Maestro 2 software recognizes my Apogee Duet and the interface works as expected. Not sure why this is working but I'm also not about to question it so long as it keeps working. Your mileage may vary...

Dec 17, 2015 10:48 AM in response to juniorspecial

1) Was there an earlier Firewire Duet? I'm not sure if this is the newer/older model but it's the brushed aluminum and the same model that comes up if you search for "Apogee Duet Firewire"

2) I was already running El Capitan but I hadn't tried to use my Duet yet. When it wasn't working properly - Maestro 2 didn't recognize that I had the Duet plugged in - I tried the uninstall + reinstall procedure I described above. I could be wrong but I believe the version of Maestro 2 that was installed just now has a slightly different UI, which suggests that I was running an older version of it.

El Capitan using apogee duet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.