Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad no longer recognized on ITunes

For some reason, my IPad 3 is no longer syncing with my PC (Windows 8). I tried connecting both devices via my factory IPad USB cable and my IOS device is not recognized. (My 10 year old click wheel IPod is, however -go figure!). I tried all the recommended fixes per the ITunes Help link, but nothing works. I am at a loss for answers. Please help! Thank you . . . .Nick

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 8:24 PM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 11:51 PM in response to sternad47

Hello.

I recently had exactly the same problem with my iPhone 4S and, as you did, tried all the tips suggested, including deleting all Apple software on my Windows machine and reinstalling it and checking for updated drivers to no avail.

A friend suggested a different approach:

Connect you iPad

Close iTunes

Click Start

Click Devices and Printers

Right Click on "Apple iPad" in the Unspecificied Category

Choose Properties

Click the Hardware tab and the Properties

Click Change Settings and then click Uninstall

Disconnect you iPad

Restart you Windows machine

Open iTunes

Connect you iPad through a USB port

At this point the device and its drivers will be reinstalled.

It worked for me though, for whatever reason, I had to shift from one USB 2.0 port in the front of the PC to one of the USB 3.0 at the back as the drivers would not install on the USB 2.0 port. I am still looking into this as all ports on the PC work as intended (tested with another USB device).

Hope this will work for you as well.

Oct 8, 2015 9:49 AM in response to El Conquistador 3

Thank you for this information. I went through the process, step by step, but unfortunately it didn't fix the issue.

.I then went into the troubleshooting link on my PC under the apple device icon and went through the diagnosis. In the end, it said that my IPad is an older device and will not work properly with a USB 3.0 port. My Lenovo is new and has 4 USB ports . . .all are 3.0.

So, I guess I'm out of luck. I wonder if there is any kind of adapter that will convert a 3.0 USB to a 2.0?? If there is such a thing, would someone in the community let me know? I would appreciate it very much!

Thank you,

Nick

IPad no longer recognized on ITunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.