Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo software problems after updating to El Capitan

Anyone else having problems with PSE 11 or PicMonkey when saving your photos. Both photo editing software continue to freeze and will not save my photos after editing. The only way out is to Force Quit. Very frustrating. Any work arounds? I've updated Flash Player.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:00 PM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2015 7:57 AM in response to Kimberly1212

Problems such as yours are sometimes caused by files that should belong to you but are locked or have wrong permissions. This procedure will check for such files. It makes no changes and therefore is not, in itself, a solution.

First, empty the Trash, if possible.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it, then copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

find ~ $TMPDIR.. \( -flags +sappnd,schg,uappnd,uchg -o ! -user $UID -o ! -perm -600 \) 2>&- | wc -l | pbcopy

Launch the built-in Terminal application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

Paste into the Terminal window by pressing command-V. The command may take a noticeable amount of time to run.

Wait for a new line ending in a dollar sign ($) to appear.

The output of the command will be a number. It's automatically copied to the Clipboard. Please paste it into a reply.

The Terminal window doesn't show the output. Please don't copy anything from there.

Oct 8, 2015 11:21 AM in response to Kimberly1212

Hi Kimberly, I have the same issue as do lots of other PicMonkey users - check out the PicMonkey Facebook page! PicMonkey say that in El Capitan, Safari users cannot save any edited photos. I've emailed with them. They say they have contacted Apple and are not hopeful for a quick fix. They suggest using Chrome which I am not willing to do. I have found though, that I can save photos when I use Firefox instead of Safari. I am a Safari user but I use PicMonkey for my business and blog. Email PicMonkey or comment on their Facebook page, if you have time. The more people that do maybe the more seriously they will take it!

Photo software problems after updating to El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.