Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme model A1301 (3rd Gen)

Running OSX 10.9.5

Airport Utility version 6.3.2

I've recently acquired a used 3rd Gen Airport Extreme model A1301

My ISP is Comcast Xfinity

Comcast tech came by today with a new router (Arris CM820)

Here is the issue I'm dealing with:

1. I'm only getting one signal from my Airport Extreme base station - Ethernet
  2. Neither of the Wi-Fi signals are getting an IP / DNS
  3. DNS not updating automatically

** When the Airport Extreme arrived I did a factory reset before setting up the networks

** I have done remote resets on the modem & then the base station with same results as listed above

Airport Extreme model A1301-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 8:33 PM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2015 8:55 PM in response to a.Long

Try the following:

Power off the modem by pulling the power cord from the back of the device or pulling the power supply from the wall AC jack

Disconnect the co-ax cable

Disconnect the Ethernet cable

Leave the modem powered off at least 30 minutes......longer will not hurt at all

While the modem is powered off, perform a Factory Default Reset on the AirPort Extreme as follows:

Power off the AirPort for a minute or two

Hold in the reset button first, then keep holding it in for an additional 10 seconds while you simultaneously plug the power back into the AirPort

Release the reset button after the 10 second hold, and give the AirPort a full minute to restart to a slow, blinking amber light status

Power off the AirPort

After the 30 minute modem power down, connect the co-ax cable to the modem and the Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort

Power up the modem and let it run for 10 minutes. Longer will not hurt at all.

Power up the AirPort Extreme and let it run 4-5 minutes. Longer will not hurt

Set up the AirPort Extreme again and report on your results

Oct 9, 2015 8:53 AM in response to a.Long

I solved my own problem moments after posting this question!

😁

I added my own DNS #'s

(Got these #'s from a successful direct ethernet connection to my modem, and recorded them)

and (I think this is what really made the difference):

Changed the router mode from "off(Bridge Mode)" to "DHCP and NAT" under the Network tab in Airport Utility with a 1 day DHCP lease

Under internet options in the internet tab:

Configure IPv6: Automatically

IPv6 Mode: Native

Airport Extreme model A1301 (3rd Gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.