Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Library folder organization

There is another way to regain control of your iTunes Library. Open iTunes, with the Option key, choose to create a brand new iTunes Library. For an example, select an external hard drive. A brand new iTunes folder will be created with the latest file structure. iTunes 12.3 looks like

User uploaded file

If you selected to share your "iTunes Library XML file with other applications" iTunes Library.xml will be also added to your new iTunes Library. All that is required to build your new iTunes Library is to "Add to Library" folders that contain all of your Music, Home Videos, TV Shows etc.

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:47 PM

5 replies

Oct 7, 2015 8:34 PM in response to jndbrown

Like many users over the years, after multiple releases, iTunes can get out of balance. There are a lot of frustrated users with their iTunes "database' out of control. What I am suggesting is that there is away to recover iTunes by using a couple of simple iTunes features. I did not re-invent the wheel. I simply built a new iTunes Library framework and populated it with my iTunes media files from earlier. It works perfectly and is now finally under control.

iTunes Library folder organization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.