Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari keeps opening with last session

Every time i open safari it reverts back to a session from several days ago.

I've read the forums and tried to follow every idea everyone has given but nothing has worked.

I tried the close all windows option in general preferences under apple system preferences and nothing.

This is annoying and i need help.

I've also tried holding shift when i start the app but nothing and option command q when closing but again nothing

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 6:37 AM

Safari/Preferences/General - what is Safari opens with set to?

User uploaded file

4 replies

Nov 2, 2015 8:31 AM in response to Eric Root

I am on latest version of El Capitan and my Safari "General" tab is missing the first line "Safari Opens With:" so I don't have any way to keep it from opening with tabs from previous sessions and sometimes not-so-previous sessions. I also just started using Quick Books Online and it opened fine for a few days and all of a sudden the tab opens completely blank! Maybe unrelated, but something is screwed up in Safari. Quick Books opens fine in Firefox. I have cleared cookies, histories, cache and nothing is making any difference.

safari keeps opening with last session

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.