Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found the solution to iMessage contacts

So, I finally found what the big problem was. Yay! Right? So, if you had an issue like me where the contacts in your iMessage weren't showing the name of your contacts and only NUMBERS (how annoying), then here's what you need to do.

Go to your settings, and click that "@" sign. Login to those internet profiles that you used on your phone. Add all of the internet contacts, mail, notes, etc. that you want to add, from your social media and internet profiles that you are synced with, in order for all of the contacts on your phone to be shown on your laptop. Genius! Whoop Whoop! I was thinking to myself, well duh? What ever I had on my phone has to be the same on my laptop in order for my programs to be up-to-date and accurate. I hope this helps most of you. 🙂

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:02 PM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2015 1:06 PM in response to LashaunaMichelle

Hi,

There can be two issues.

1) the Sync of Contacts in System Preferences > Internet Accounts as you describe can be not set the same as the iPhone or other iOS device.

2) there are some many Accounts in System Preferences > Internet Accounts (or iCloud) that the Contacts app gets overwhelmed.

If it is 2 then set one account to do the sync.

You can check this in Contacts > Preferences > Accounts to be sure.

If you are using iCloud, Yahoo, Google and other multiple places that can have Address Books sync them one at a time until you have a Master list on one of the Accounts.

User uploaded file

9:06 p.m. Monday; October 12, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Found the solution to iMessage contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.