Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I distinguish between my own songs and songs from Apple Music?

This is not about iTunes match. It's about iTunes Music. There isn't a forum for iTunes music, and I didn't get any answer on iTunes for mac. Maybe the issue is the same on iTunes Match, though.

I've discovered that with Apple Music I can add music from Apple music to my library. And I can then download these for listening off line. However whenever I stop paying my Apple music subscription, this music can no longer be accessed. I'm not sure what will happen to the downloaded files. I suppose they will be deleted.

Anyway, it seems very important that I can distinguish between my own music and music from Apple that I am only borrowing. I know I could go to the downloads folder in the iTunes media folder and see what's there, but that seems pretty clumsy. Is there not a way to check by looking at the library? Form a playlist or something?

Thanks.

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 8:29 AM

Hi,

In song view, add iCloud Status column. This will indicate if the music is "Apple Music". In iTunes match, this column also tells you what has been matched, uploaded, purchased or ineligible. You could make a playlist based on iCloud status = Apple Music.

Jim

2 replies

How can I distinguish between my own songs and songs from Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.