Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why am I getting a soundbar over where I usually type a text message? How do I get rid of it?

Since updating my iphone6 last week, I get a grey soundbar overlaid in the area where I usually type to reply to a text message. The only thing that gets rid of it (temporarily) is to switch my phone off and back on again. I am able to type but I can't see what I have written until I press return to send - very irritating!

Is there a setting I am missing? I have tried switching off Bluetooth, iMessage etc but it keeps re-appearing! Help!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 12:30 AM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2015 12:38 AM in response to ger888

Since posting this I have found a solution (it remains to be seen if it is a permanent one or if the problem returns) I did a reset

Hold down both the Home button and the On/Off button at the same time until the phone shuts off and the Apple logo shows up. Then release both buttons and allow the phone to reboot fully.

Oct 9, 2015 9:25 AM in response to ger888

Have you tried doing any resets?

The first you could try is Reset All Settings.

Go to General > Reset > Reset all settings. This does not erase any data on the phone.

If this does not work I would try a full reset which would delete all your info so make sure your content is backed up, either on your computer or in iCloud.

General > Reset > Erase all contents and settings.

When you set the phone up do it as a 'new' phone and see if that fixes the problem. You can always restore from a backup later.

why am I getting a soundbar over where I usually type a text message? How do I get rid of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.