Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the prices to get a macbook air an SSD upgrade? (In Canada)

What are the prices to get a macbook air a SSD upgrade? Either 256gb or 512/500gb? (In Canada)
I'd like to have a computer with extra storage as I love to have itunes playlists which dont work out too well if you try to store most of your music on a hardrive but often don't have it plugged in...as I have tried with my 128gb.
I'm buying another macbook air and see ones on sale 128 gbs and wonder about potentially just buying an upgrade but wonder the costs of both 256 gb upgrade and 512 if done in the applestore.

MacBook Air (11-inch Late 2010), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 2:18 AM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2015 3:20 AM in response to katiemaeskye

Apple will not install SSDs in their stores. iFixit.com may have SSDs for current MBAs but they will be expensive and should you install one, the warranty/Apple care will be voided.

If you want more storage in a new MBA, you will have to make the decision when you order it. If you want to upgrade your current MBA, OWC can accommodate you:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC/Air-Retina

Ciao.

What are the prices to get a macbook air an SSD upgrade? (In Canada)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.