Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet won't connect!

I have many other Apple devices that are all connecting to my internet except my MacBook Pro. I was watching Netflix and it turned off last week and although it says it is connected, whenever I open an application that requires Internet it will not work. I initially took it to the IT Department at my University and they said it would not connect there due to the fact my Mac runs on OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.3, and suggested I update it. However, due to the fact my Mac won't connect to anything at all, I can't actually run the software update! I have run the diagnostic program in the Wifi bar multiple times, but it 'cannot detect' a problem. Very frustrating as most of my school resources are online and I cannot access them unless it's from my iPad. Help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:20 AM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2015 9:28 AM in response to grapeviines

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Internet won't connect!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.