Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally deleted my entire music library with erase & sync. Any way to recover the music?

The other night I installed iTunes, after having it uninstalled for a number of months prior. Without thinking, I must have clicked "Yes" when prompted with whether I would like to erase and sync my device to this computer, as I woke up the next morning to find that all of my music (around 500 songs) had been removed.

Now the thing is, a lot of my music was not purchased from the iTunes store, but from various other retailers (depended on the price of the song); so therefore, I cannot simply re-download them from my iTunes purchases.

The other thing I don't get is why I was prompted with the erase and sync, because this is the same computer I have always connected my device to in regards to iTunes. The only thing that has changed is that the last time I had iTunes installed was on Windows 8.0, but since then have upgraded to Windows 10.0.

Is there any way to recover this music? It would take so long, and pretty much impossible, to remember and re-collect all of the songs... It is irritating as I've spent so long over the years acquiring all of these songs for them to just be gone. Is there any third party recovery software or anything I can do?

Please guys, any help is appreciated! Thanks

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:40 AM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2015 1:22 PM in response to JohnTravell

What kind of device? For non-iOS devices it may be possible to enable disk mode and use a third party file recovery tool. See http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm

Are there any other devices with your content? A backup of the library from the Windows 8 system perhaps?

Had you realized the significance of the prompt I could have pointed you to Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device. You may still find some of the links useful. For the future see Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy.

tt2

Accidentally deleted my entire music library with erase & sync. Any way to recover the music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.