Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband and Mainstage when you buy a new MacBook Air

Hi, on my current MAcBook Air I've bought the extended version of Garageband. I've also bought MainStage. Do you know how I can transfer these important sources on the new MacBook Air I am now buying? Of course, I wouldn't like to have to buy them again!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:58 AM

There are two ways - you could use the Setup Assistant to transfer all applications, when you first install the system on your new MacBook Air, or you can sign into the Mac App Store (in the Store menu) with the same AppleID you used, when you bought GarageBand and MainStage. They should be listed in your Purchases history, the fourth tab "Purchases". reinstall any apps you purchased from this tab.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 1:58 AM in response to Matman981

There are two ways - you could use the Setup Assistant to transfer all applications, when you first install the system on your new MacBook Air, or you can sign into the Mac App Store (in the Store menu) with the same AppleID you used, when you bought GarageBand and MainStage. They should be listed in your Purchases history, the fourth tab "Purchases". reinstall any apps you purchased from this tab.

Garageband and Mainstage when you buy a new MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.