Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having problems with my Iphone 6s plus home screen rotation. Anyone else?

I received my 128gb Iphone 6s plus today and have an issue with the screen rotation on the home screen. Display is set to normal and rotation lock is OFF. If I swipe the screen while turning the phone on its side it will rotate but not rotate back without once again swiping the screen. Rotation works perfectly fine in all other app such as mail, safari etc. Anyone else experiencing the same thing or know of something i can try to fix it? Thanks

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 3:57 AM

8 replies

Oct 17, 2015 12:26 AM in response to Jackal05

I have exactly the same problem, I've just purchased iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB and Home screen doesn't change orientation unless I touch or swipe it but this opens or pulls other stuff. I know it's not a hardware issue because orientation works fine on other apps ect. And yes I'm NOT in 'zoom' mode on in display & brightness View and I haven't locked orientation. Tried hard resets etc but no difference...

whats going on?

Oct 17, 2015 2:16 AM in response to Jackal05

I have the same problem. It all started with iOS9. My iPhone 6 Plus worked perfectly with iOS8, but started the weird screen not rotating when I upgraded to iOS9. Then I switched to the iPhone 6S Plus which came with iOS9 and it was doing the same screen not rotating right out of the box. It's definitely a software problem and hopefully Apple will fix it. So far no luck with 9.0.1 and 9.0.2. We may have to wait for 9.1. I'm ready to put it into zoom mode which defeats the home screen rotation. Sometimes when I start my phone in vertical mode at a slight angle, the screen goes horizontal and then won't turn vertical until I either shut off the phone and turn it back on, or if I swipe. All other functions work perfectly switching from vertical to horizontal, just not the home screen. I'm wondering if Apple will just eliminate that function in the next update. Both phones were the 128 GB version.

Having problems with my Iphone 6s plus home screen rotation. Anyone else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.