Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health App Not Working on iPhone 5s with iOS 9.0.2

The Health app used to be working just fine, but once I updated to iOS 9, my whole data was cleared and doesn't record anything, and now the app doesn't work, I even tried turning it OFF an ON again in both ways, still not working.

Need your help, Thank you

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 3:24 AM

39 replies

Jun 30, 2017 9:08 AM in response to Creartinc

Almost 2 years later this problem persists ... all my data disappeared this winter and despite restoring phone and installing all latest updates the health app remains dead... running 10.3.2 on a 5s ... seems really strange that Apple has not resolved this issue on such a fundamental app in their suite... I guess when I have time I could try restoring the whole phone to factory setting and starting over... though it seems extreme and then if I restore a backup it sounds dubious if the backup will work for the health app... has anyone had success with this?

Oct 18, 2015 10:51 PM in response to Creartinc

Health App was working for me. Restored phone to fix iMessage not working (thats fixed). Now phone doesn't show as a source and health app collects no data. Downloaded Steps+ to check if it was a problem with Motion processor. But alas Steps+ works fine. So I'm assuming it's just a broken health app. Sorry I'm no help but just adding to the people with the problem. I might add that force touch was broken for the mail app on my 6s as well.

Oct 19, 2015 11:59 AM in response to rbvandijk

Health App on my iPhone 6s Plus is also not recording any movements anymore.

It worked in the first few days of usage (iOS 9.0.1 and iOS 9.0.2) it seems that restoring from iCloud on iOS 9.0.2 is causing this issue.

I am able to enter data manually but that also doesn't show up in the Health App Dashboard.

Reset of the phone and setup as a new iPhone seem to solve the issue, as it was working again.

When i reset again and restored a backup from the iCloud the issue with the Health App not showing any movements in the dashboard was back again.

Please Apple can you help us solve this issue?

Nov 10, 2015 9:20 AM in response to Creartinc

My wife also had same problem. she has the iphone 6s. The phone is even recognised as a source of data. Neither is her Apple Watch or any of the fitness apps we've installed. Apple support suggested a restore via iTunes but that didn't work. Also tried reset on phone and on Apple Watch but nothing works. Also if you try to add some personal data like your sex, height and weight it never remembers the info. Strangely in my iPhone 6s Plus it works fine and the phone, watch and all the apps show as source of data in the health app.

Come on Apple get it fixed please. The health app was one of the reasons we both bought the new Apple Watch to track fitness and health. Clearly a software glitch somewhere.

Nov 10, 2015 9:25 AM in response to simonp1971

I was able to fix it. There is an issue with iCloud backups not properly restoring the phone and thus preventing features from working. I tried several times with different backups and nothing worked.

You must set up the phone as a new iPhone. As soon as I did this, everything works perfectly. It's really not that bad to have to do it manually since when you log in to iCloud, most stuff comes right back. You just need to download all your apps manually and redo all your settings.

Nov 10, 2015 12:49 PM in response to Jamooche

Jamooche is entirely correct.. You need to set up as New Phone rather than using back up from an earlier Ipone. Unfortunately, it took me a lot of trouble to get to this answer.

The Apple online help and phone support was useless.. I spent much time with them, but they had no solutions, and even suggested that my Apple watch's activity application/calorie counter might be interfering.. First they checked my settings, apps, motion detector etc. Then hey told me to restart the phone. They told me to to try a restore from my backup, but they never told me to set up as new phone..

Frustrated, I then went to the Genius Bar at an Apple store for help. The first Iphone support rep did not have answers, but he brought in the Mac senior rep at the store, who suggested we try a fresh restore as a New Phone. He was just relying on a guess this might work, rather than any knowledge base, but worked. It was somewhat of a pain for me because I lost some important text conversations and all of the set-up for several business and personal email accounts. It takes some time to set up as new phone. Nonetheless it worked, and my Health monitor and application is working fine now.

I would venture to say that this information will now percolate through Apple and the answer will be more readily available when others face this issue with the health application

Nov 16, 2015 8:13 AM in response to Creartinc

I have the same problem listed above A couple months ago I upgrade to the IPhone 6s Plus iOS 9.1 from the IPhone 6 Plus everything worked fine until 11/7 now when i open the Health App i get no data.... i have a lot of data more than a yr I got the Apple watch i really don't want to restore as a new phone ans start all over again. I have tried everything reset the Apple Watch, reset and Soft reset the IPhone 6S plus. Apple get it fixed please. The health app was one of the reasons I bought the per-order the back in April Apple Watch to track fitness and health. Clearly a software glitch somewhere

Nov 16, 2015 10:07 AM in response to Creartinc

I agree, I just got a new apple watch and I noticed at first the activity app wouldn't download into my iPhone. I went back to the store after pairing and unpairing and restarting both devices which are up to date on the ios system. They exchanged my watch for me and I went home to set it up and noticed the app still wouldn't download. That's when I looked into my Health app and noticed that my data was not there. My computer that my 5s back up was on had crashed so I had to backup everything on my 5S on the icloud. I even purchased more space for it. When I got the 6S I recovered my phone from the iCloud. Now it's not working properly with my watch since it won't even open the activity app. I don't want to have to restore my phone back to factory settings, Apple needs to do something about this!

Health App Not Working on iPhone 5s with iOS 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.