Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot upgrade to El Capitan. What can i do?

Hello dear Users out there,

i can´t upgrade to El Capitan. The download doesn´t start. What can i do?

I´ve got an Macbook Pro 15" Late 2008 (so it should work) that is right now running with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (should work either).

When i want to upgrade, it seems to process for a moment, but then stops and nothing else happens. I want to upgrade it, because i want to install Logic Pro X afterwards.

My data in the Appstore and my Apple ID is valid. I had an Apple ID before, but with that i bought only Facetime (which can´t also be updated).

Ideas anybody?

Thanks in advance,

obeycar

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Late 2008 unibody

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 3:46 AM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2015 9:24 AM in response to obeycar

Anti-virus and Little Snitch software interfer with the Mac App Store.

Some folks resolve download and other connection issues by using Google Public DNS services. The best use is to use it as the DNS configuration in your modem/router/gateway device, but often the configuration in the computer or iOS device will over ride the other configuration if you don't have access.

Google Public DNS;

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.0.2

Cannot upgrade to El Capitan. What can i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.