Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(Possibly) Corrupted App, won't update properly.

Hello everyone.

I'm very sorry to bother you all. I've been dealing with an issue for a few days now.

A specific App won't update properly, I'm betting that the phone is the cause but I could be wrong..

I've tried a few different things like:

Reinstalling the App (several times)

Turning my iPhone off and on.

Hold the home button and sleep button until it resets.

Reset Settings.

Factory Reset.

Download the App after turning off iCloud's back up.

Downloading the App with a newly made Apple ID.

I noticed that the App's icon/logo changes from the current version (during the installation process) to an older version after it's done installing, this happens only on THIS iPhone. A friend of mine who uses the same App does not have this problem[he's running iPhone 5s iOS 8], also I'm running the same App on Bluestacks and it works fine (displays current version logo instead of the older one).

I'd like to add that:

The App is compatible with my phone and iOS version.

I'm using the latest version of this App (NOT the latest version that's compatible)

App Store displays current logo under the "Updated October ..." while an older version seems to be the one installed.

--After re-installing--

App Store still shows current version of the app as the one installed, tapping [OPEN] from inside the AS wont work as it opens what I believe is an older version.

Going into Settings>General>Usage>App in question. displays an older version of the App even though the App is updated.

I would really appreciate any ideas, suggestions, assistance, anything helps 🙂

-Regards.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2, Not jailbroken

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 4:53 AM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2015 5:03 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Thanks for the fast answer!
The App is listed as: Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5....

I was able to use it for a while (hours after the update) once until this happened. I'm currently in contact with the developers but as the situation progress I am afraid that they probably don't know what's causing this either.

Oct 9, 2015 10:27 PM in response to NashLanzer

Answering this to myself, possibly breaking a double posting rule right now.

Fix'd! Not sure what caused it. The solution was absolutely simple: To change ">set date and time" > OFF (if ON by default) ON (if OFF).
Makes me question really; how come "reset all settings" as well as making a restore doesn't take care of that? I've no idea.

-Cheers.

(Possibly) Corrupted App, won't update properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.