Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Artists on Song(s)

Hey There,

Recently I have been trying to figure out how to make a song or multiple songs show up under two seperate artists. For example for the album "Watch The Throne" by Jay-Z and Kanye West, both Kanye and Jay-Z are the album artists, although I'd rather the album to come under the artists separately, but still in both instead of having a seperate artists section for "Kanye West & Jay-Z" (see photo). So basically, I want to be able to view this from both the artists separately. 🙂

Thanks,

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 2:23 PM

Hi Hamish,

The only way I can think of to do this would be to make a duplicate copy of this album, and enter the name of each artist separately into the Artist fields of the two identical albums. That's sort of a clunky solution, I know. But I don't know another way to handle it. I deal with this kind of thing all the time with jazz albums, where you end up with many variations on a given artist's name as these musicians so often record collaborative albums. Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 2:23 PM in response to hamishryan6

Hi Hamish,

The only way I can think of to do this would be to make a duplicate copy of this album, and enter the name of each artist separately into the Artist fields of the two identical albums. That's sort of a clunky solution, I know. But I don't know another way to handle it. I deal with this kind of thing all the time with jazz albums, where you end up with many variations on a given artist's name as these musicians so often record collaborative albums. Good luck!

Oct 8, 2015 2:24 PM in response to hamishryan6

Tagging convention does not let you have more than one "Artist" field, so as richard grants says you would have to duplicate your album and then rename the other copy with the artists you want. This will, of course, duplicate the files and take up more drive space.

I have a few instances where I want a track to appear in a different place but do not want to duplicate the file. I make a series of low quality mp3 files with 1 second of silence to act as place marks. These can be tagged as any other audio file.

Multiple Artists on Song(s)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.