Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I burn an iMovie file DVD that can be played on other devices?

I am trying to use iDVD to burn a disc of an iMovie file and an iPhoto file that other peolpe can view on other devices. The person to whom I gave the current DVD can see only the audio files on his Windows PC, and it will not play at all on his DVD player. It plays fine on my iMac. Any ideas how I can burn compatible files to DVD?

Thanks

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 4:30 AM

5 replies

Oct 9, 2015 2:48 AM in response to Klaus1

Thanks Klaus, I'll study the documentation and try again. One thing I have noticed is that my recent files do not appear in the iDVD menu options under movies. Only one file appears there which dates back to 2012. Any idea how to get them to appear so I can select them? I am having to select from iTunes home movies at present.

Regards

Oct 15, 2015 8:39 AM in response to Klaus1

Hi Klaus1, I am probably being an IT idiot but I cannot see an Export button in iMovie, only a Share button. Also I have tried to drag from iMovie Library and Theatre but the only place it will let me save to is the drop zone or the tree structure in iDVD. I have version 7.1.2 of iDVD and version 10.0.9 of iMovie. I must be doing something basic incorrectly because Apple applications are usually intuitive.

Regards

How do I burn an iMovie file DVD that can be played on other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.