Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need old password

I need my old itunes password for past purchases but cant remember it what can i do. I had to reset my ipad and restart from back up but all purchases are on my old id and no idea what password

iPad Mini, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:22 AM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2015 7:48 AM in response to King_Penguin

Sorry 1st time on here. It's my old Itunes ID as I changed E.mail address It only lets me reset new ID thats why I have no Idea what to do

Oct 8, 2015 7:59 AM in response to Community User

When exactly are you being asked for the password for the old version of your account ? You shouldn't need to enter the password for the previous version of your id, when the primary email address on an account is changed everything on the account should automatically have update to use that new address (the only exception that I know is when trying to log out of iCloud : If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID in iCloud - Apple Support).

Oct 9, 2015 12:19 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks for the reply will try the link you put. It's asking for old password when I try to install some of my older apps that I have paid for. After I had to restore from back up it won't install old paid for apps and music without password for old email address. Never had this problem before so no idea what to do

need old password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.