Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMac stops responding when I use FCPX 3D text

Hi,

I have a IMac (2011) which is working very well.

I just bought a new plugin for Final Cut Pro X named M-Title 3D (https://www.motionvfx.com/mplugs-79.html) which is a 3D text plugin. I was so exited about it until, the I tried it!

Every time I try to use this plugin text, my computer is slowing down and stop responding. Yesterday, I had to force my computer to shut down 5 times... What wrong? What can't I use 3D text on my computer? What can I do to fix this?

Thank you in advance. Its driving me crazy!

<Image Edited for Personal Information>

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Imac

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 6:16 AM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2015 8:10 AM in response to Mr Aimé

Just a few notes for the future: 1) these plugins usually offer a demo version, which you could test to see how well it works, or not;

2) 3D stuff usually requires a pretty up to date GPU in order to perform

3) Did you know that FCP X has quite great 3D titles itself? Did you try and see how these perform? (my guess: not very well)

I also have a 2011 iMac - the moment I installed FCP X on it it warned that 3D titles would not work to the fullest on this machine.

IMac stops responding when I use FCPX 3D text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.