Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermittent wifi issues iPad mini after IOS 9 upgrade

Ever since I've upgraded to IOS 9 (now on 9.0.2) on my iPad mini, I have an issue where wifi connectivity completely stops after using it for a period of time.

Resetting the network settings will temporarily getting it going again, but after some use it eventually stops working again.

I see in other discussions I'm not the only one, but no solution seems to exist yet. Upgrading to the latest IOS 9.0.2 doesn't help. My iPhone 5s seems to be fine on IOS 9.0.2. I have another iPad Air in my house (my wife's) but there's no way I'm upgrading that until I know this issue is fixed.

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 6:43 AM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2015 8:20 PM in response to nigelkay

I encountered the same issue too on multiple devices - 2 ipad minis and a ipad air2

wifi hang intermittently or stop responding on 5ghz network

I tried everything including resetting network settings to downloading the firmware & painfully wiping the whole device and set up as new device from scratch.

I'm going to log the case with apple.

Oct 12, 2015 2:07 PM in response to nigelkay

Ok. So I thought I was going crazy. I have the same issues on both our iPhone 5S. I just got Bell FibreOp internet and thought it was the ISP. they came out, swapped hardware, etc.

The same issue is happening on my phones. All my other devices in house work great. Xbox One, TV, Laptop, Desktop. Both wired and Wifi on other devices are working fine.

It has to the the phones. I wiped mine clean and still same issue. Need help!

Nov 5, 2015 7:34 AM in response to wmusgrave

This is EXACTLY why I tell everyone to never download the updates! what better way to get you into the store every 6 months to buy the latest devices than to make you frustrated and hate your now useless iphone/iPad?

I'M dealing with exact same problem on iPad Air and iPhone 6+. Ran thru ALL suggested and possible remedies; like the rest, he is where I am..

I have Gig Internet and in solo apartment, running Xbox one, Macbook, iPad3 (not updated) and even printer flawlessly. Had ISP come out and replaced router and cables, speed tested etc.

As of now- it's primarily the iPad I am using that keeps cutting out every few minutes, then after another minute or two it comes back slow...... Extremely slow and that's on the 5Ghz!

Lastly- what can our iPads handle speed wise? I paid the extra premium to get the best gig wifi router, and speed tests on iPad Post update are a depressing .46-1.1 mb/s@2.4GHz & 101-108mb/s now. Previous averages were around 7mb/s@2.4 & 125-150+mb/s@5GHz.

I'm wiling to forgive apple and keep allowing them bleeding us dry to stay in their cult ONLY if they give everyone of us a shiny "old" very very overpriced and soon to be replaced watch!

#nothingsayssorrylikeaniWatch

Intermittent wifi issues iPad mini after IOS 9 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.