Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install El Capitan

Hi,

I have a strange problem. Downloaded El Capitan to my mac. (Yosemite installed). Download worked perfect. Installation works fine. I can even work with the new version. But now my problem as soon as I shut down and want to restart I just get the white screen apple and nothing else happens. When trying all the difference startups nothing happens there. The only thing I get is an error says "OS X version not jet set". So I had to go back to TM and work with Yosemite.

Can anyone help me with a working solution.

regards

Olaf

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:25 AM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2015 11:51 AM in response to valbogatan

Hello, valbogatan.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand you are receiving an error after restart when you installed El Capitan. Since you have gone through the different start up methods, I would try repairing your disk. Here are the steps to access Disk Utility via the internet recovery option.

Try Disk Utility

Use these steps to use the Disk Utility app to verify or repair a disk.

1. If you're using OS X Lion or later, start the computer from Recovery System or Internet Recovery. If you're using an older version of OS X and your computer came with a Mac OS X Install disc, insert the installation disc and restart the computer while holding the C key instead.
  2. When your computer finishes starting up, choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.
  3. Click the First Aid tab.
  4. Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
  5. Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").
  6. Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Tip: With Mac OS X v10.6 and earlier, always start up your computer from an Install or Restore disc when using Disk Utility to verify or repair your startup volume. Otherwise, you might see some disk error messages.

Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck

After this is done try reinstalling El Capitan and let me know if the issue persists.

Cheers

Install El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.