Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I upgraded to El Capitan, and I try to sync "Photos" to either my iPad or iPhone, I get this message: "iTunes cannot sync photos to the iPad “XXX's iPad” because your Photos Library is not yet available. Please try again later." Help!

Since I have upgraded to El Capitan and I try to sync "Photos" with either my iPad Mini 4 or iPhone 6S using my USB cable I get the message "iTunes cannot sync the photos to the iPad "XXX's iPad" because your Photos library is not yet available. Please try again later"

I can view all my photos in this App on my computer, but am just unable to Sync. I do not want to use ICloud.

Can anyone offer assistance on how to remedy this problem?

Thank You

John

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:33 AM

10 replies

Oct 31, 2015 7:30 PM in response to jorihuela

UPDATE: I got past this bug by doing a full restore on my iPhone and then doing a sync.

Here's what I did: 1. Make sure your device and iTunes are up-to-date on latest versions and charged, then do a back up of your device using iTunes to your computer. To back up, plug in your device to your computer, and in iTunes click on your device's Summary screen where you can find a "Back Up Now" button. 2. Unplug your device from your computer. 3. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > "Erase All Content and Settings" 4. Plug in your device to your computer and from iTunes select to restore your device from the back up you created. The restore will take a while so leave phone plugged in.

Since I upgraded to El Capitan, and I try to sync "Photos" to either my iPad or iPhone, I get this message: "iTunes cannot sync photos to the iPad “XXX's iPad” because your Photos Library is not yet available. Please try again later." Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.