Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confused since iPhoto to Aperture to Photos migration

I have been through several upgrades recently starting with upgrading from Mavericks to Yosemite to El Capitan. I had many years ago switched from using iPhoto to Aperture so all my photos were stored in Aperture. In the import from iPhoto to Aperture a folder was created within Aperture called iPhoto Library. I created many new Events in Aperture over subsequent years and when I migrated to Photos with Yosemite and now El Capitan I have iPhoto Events within which is iPhoto Library. Within iPhoto Events there is even a folder called From MobileMe! How should I be organizing all of this now? I have tried to move Events and seem only to be able to do so one event at a time. I am dragging them one at a time since Photos won't let me select more than one at a time. I think that I wasn't using Events and Albums efficiently before. I am open to suggestions but my primary concern is to get rid of the nesting of nested folders/events!!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 4GB RAM

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:01 AM

1 reply

Confused since iPhoto to Aperture to Photos migration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.