Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create a mathematical equation on Pages?

I need to create a mathematical formula and also a chemical equation and can't open the "MathType Equation" option on Pages.

Can anyone help!?

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 8:09 AM

A multiple choices.

1. Get the MathType trial, and launch it before launching Pages v5 to get the Insert menu ▸ MathType to work. When the trial times out in 30 days, you will still have MathType lite. Pages '09 does not have an integrated MathType on its Insert menu.
  2. In Launchpad (rocket ship icon on the Dock) click on the Other item on the first screen, and then click on Grapher.

Key in your equation, and the either drag/drop the equation into Pages (as an image), or right-click on the equation and choose your variety of image format.

3. Generate an equation from LaTeX to image or PDF, and insert that into the Pages document. Ditto for the eqn(1) and troff/groff(1) pipeline into PDF.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 8:09 AM in response to hblackie

A multiple choices.

1. Get the MathType trial, and launch it before launching Pages v5 to get the Insert menu ▸ MathType to work. When the trial times out in 30 days, you will still have MathType lite. Pages '09 does not have an integrated MathType on its Insert menu.
  2. In Launchpad (rocket ship icon on the Dock) click on the Other item on the first screen, and then click on Grapher.

Key in your equation, and the either drag/drop the equation into Pages (as an image), or right-click on the equation and choose your variety of image format.

3. Generate an equation from LaTeX to image or PDF, and insert that into the Pages document. Ditto for the eqn(1) and troff/groff(1) pipeline into PDF.

How can I create a mathematical equation on Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.