Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My titles from After Effects don't show up in Final Cut Pro X titles browser even though they're in the titles folder of my motion templates folder. How can I fix this?

I inherited a lower third from someone else and I need to put it in my movie in Final Cut Pro X. I localized my effects, titles, generators, and compositions folders in my motion templates folder, but the title doesn't show up in the browser. I tried other effects and titles and they all work fine, just not this one from After Effects. It's a .mov extension. It's been used in movies before, so I know it works.

Final Cut Pro X, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 8:25 AM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2015 11:39 AM in response to MKTMSU

After Effects is an Adobe product that superficially resembles Motion. The output from After Effects is a movie. You cannot edit the movie's contents in Motion or in FCPX, it's just a movie. To change the names or text or timing or effects in the AE movie, you must have the After Effects project file that created the AE movie and you must have After Effects.

You can probably rebuild most of the AE project's effects in Motion and then save that as a template or preset so you can use the same Motion project for new names.

My titles from After Effects don't show up in Final Cut Pro X titles browser even though they're in the titles folder of my motion templates folder. How can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.