Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Website and app information doesn't update on its own ever since I installed the iOS 9 updates

Ever since I installed the iOS 9 updates (through 9.0.2) on my iPad 3, time-related information sites display old content when I open them up and don't update it quickly -- and automatically -- like they used to. I have to click to another part of the site and then click back to the first part to get current information.

For example, if I open up a newspaper site to its headline news section, it'll show the same headline news I saw yesterday or 2-3 days ago. If I then click to the sports section, it'll have current sports news. If I then click back to the headline news section, it'll (finally) have current headline news. Likewise, if I open up a financial site, it'll show old stock market numbers and doesn't update to the current information on its own.

I've also noticed more glitches with my Outlook email ever since doing the iOS 9 series updates. I'll get "cannot connect to mail" and "cannot send mail" type messages more often now. In the latter case, an email I tried to send goes to a (temporary) "Outbox", from which I have to try to re-send it. There doesn't appear to be any problem with my internet connection to account for this.

I have tried hard shut-downs of my iPad as some blogger suggested for iOS 9 series problems. That did seem to help with my email problems but has had no effect on my web browsing problems.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.5

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 10:27 AM

There are no replies.

Website and app information doesn't update on its own ever since I installed the iOS 9 updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.