Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my MacBook Pro (13' late 2011) shut down unexpectedly?

My MacBook Pro (13' late 2011) shuts down unexpectedly. This didnt happen while I was still using mavericks (I just upgraded to yosemite last month), I've been encountering this problem for quite so many times now. I was wondering if this is just an OS problem or a hardware problem coz my fan has also been roaring though I'm setting it to sleep, and sometimes..my battery bar also shows an "x" or no battery available.And if the problem is about the hardware, Im also wondering if it's connected to my wobbly screen.

Message was edited by: Ziiiing

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 8:51 AM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2015 8:55 AM in response to Ziiiing

After rebooting open the Console app in Finder>Applications>Utilities and look for log entries right before the shutdown. You can find those by looking for log entries before the BOOT TIME entry since that indicates start of boot.. Post suspicious ones here.

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

Why does my MacBook Pro (13' late 2011) shut down unexpectedly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.