Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wish to use existing wifi and extend it with airport extreme

i have public wifi connection in my building however no router. how can i connect my time capsule/airport extreme to the network? can I use the device to amplify the wifi signal in my flat?

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 3:25 PM

The AirPort Time Capsule can wirelessly "extend" the signal that is produced by another Apple wireless router......but.....it would not be compatible for the purpose that you ask about unless the public WiFi network is being provided by an Apple router.

Another way of saying the same things is that if you want to wirelessly extend a network, you will need two Apple routers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2015 3:25 PM in response to Erik788

The AirPort Time Capsule can wirelessly "extend" the signal that is produced by another Apple wireless router......but.....it would not be compatible for the purpose that you ask about unless the public WiFi network is being provided by an Apple router.

Another way of saying the same things is that if you want to wirelessly extend a network, you will need two Apple routers.

wish to use existing wifi and extend it with airport extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.