Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem upgrading to el capitan

I have an iMac late 2009 and run Yosemite without problems. However the El Capitan download icon is visible but paused. also pages and keynote say 'waiting' when i try to update those.

I have tried from the 'purchased' section of the app store as advised by a pop up message but still it doesn't work. Any ideas anyone?

iMac

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 8:35 AM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2015 1:30 AM in response to pamet

I Have now resolved the issue through Apple support. I was asked to reboot in safe mode by turning everything off then to re boot hold the shift key down whilst turning the computer on. Keep holding the shift key until the apple logo appears on the white screen. Wait while it boots up which will be slower than usual. Don't panic if you see lines flowing up the screen! When it has booted up go to the App Store and sign in and then go to updates. (To sign in or out from the App Store go to 'store' at the very top of the screen and sign in or out is available from the drop down box.

Apparently safe boot mode stops any third party software that may be on the system from interfering with the install process.

I Hope this helps others with the same problem.

problem upgrading to el capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.